Integrate Hearing are ear cleaning & ear wax removal specialists serving Wrexham, Oswestry & surrounding areas. We specialise in both the established water irrigation (ear syringing) method of ear wax removal as well as the latest technique of microsuction ear wax removal.
Ear wax coats and protects the inside of your ears. It is produced by glands in the outer part of the ear canal. It has a protective purpose to trap dust and other small particles and prevent them from potentially damaging the eardrum. The amount of ear wax produced is varied from person to person and usually migrates out of the ear its own. Ear wax can become a problem if there is an excessive build up due to very narrow or abnormally shaped ear canals, frequent use of earplugs, cleaning ears with cotton buds or for other unknown reasons. If the ear wax becomes impacted against the ear drum, it can even be painful.
Syptoms of ear wax blockage:
- Impaired hearing, ear pain or dizziness
- Itchiness and irritation in the ears or ear canal
- A full sensation, or pressure in the ear
- Sudden hearing loss after swimming or showering
- Mild tinnitus
Why you will benefit from professional ear wax removal
- The skin on the lining of the ear canal is very delicate and can easily be damaged.
- It is not advisable that you attempt to remove ear wax at home by the use of cotton buds. This generally pushes it further towards the ear drum and can cause even more problems, making it more difficult to remove.
- We never advise the use of Hopi ear candles which give false perceptions of wax removal and are dangerous as you cannot see what you are doing.
Comparison video of clear and healthy ear canal and a complete ear wax blockage.